English and Chinese to Polish
My name is Jarosław Zawadzki.
I am a professional translator working in the following language pairs:
A native Polish speaker with over ten years of translation experience, I have developed expertise in the following fields:
- mechanical engineering,
- computer software.
In addition to being a freelance translator, I used to hold other jobs as well:
- Two years working as a quality assurance manager for Deante, a Polish company importing faucets and faucet components from China.
- Four years working as a trade manager for Hardy, a company importing power tools and building materials from China.
- Internship at Super Engineering Plastics (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd. (a Japanese polymer factory in China) for over six months. I participated in the production process and laboratory tests.
- Chinese teacher at KUL, a university in Poland, for two years.
I lived over six years in China, where I worked at times as a manager and at times as a translator and interpreter.
- user manuals,
- material safety data sheets (MSDS),
- lab test results,
- instalation manuals,
- teaching materials,
- marteking materials,
- and other technical texts.
- mobile applications,
- PC applications,
- touch panels software,
- consumer electronics,
- and other software.
Right after graduating from the Chinese Department of the University of Warsaw in 2002, I found myself in China as a quality assurance manager dealing with faucet components made of: brass, zamac, plastic, etc.
Two years later, I became a freelance translator/interpreter in China and thus learned about various lines of industry, including: welding equipment, furniture (including hardware), textiles, dairy products, bio-gas engines or production lines for various products.
I have been back in Poland since 2008, where I work as a freelance translator while being, now and then, employed by factories and trading companies to help them deal with the Chinese B2B market. This additional work enables me to understand the needs of engineers and managers much better than I otherwise would.
In addition to learning from experience, I am continuing my formal education.
I have supplemented my MA in Chinese from the University of Warsaw with an MA in English from the Jagiellonian University in Krakow, and I have received a Postgraduate Diploma in Specialized Translation, also from the Jagiellonian University in Krakow.
In my spare time, I translate poetry, fiction and other humanities. Some of my literary translations have been published.
- MA degree in Chinese, University of Warsaw;
- HSK, Chinese Proficiency Test Level 6 (i.e. the highest level), Shanghai;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Specialized Translation, Jagiellonian University;
- MA degree in English, Jagiellonian University;
- Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge University;
- Internship in Super Engineering Plastics (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd. (a Japanese polymer factory in China).
Some of my translations
- user’s manual for a magnetizing and testing workstation, for Canmag;
- welded gas cylinders documentation, for Chemet;
- safety switch and sound signaling device operators’ manuals, for Bartec;
- LED lamp marketing materials, for Zhuhai Yuankang Enterprise Co. Ltd.;
- material safety data sheets (MSDS), for OCI International;
- financial reports, for Petrochemia-Blachownia S.A.;
- and more.