Polish Technical Translation
My name is Jarosław Zawadzki.
I am a professional translator working in the following language pairs:
A native Polish speaker with over ten years of translation experience, I have developed expertise in the following fields:
- mechanical engineering,
- computer software.
In addition to being a freelance translator, I used to hold other jobs as well:
- Two years working as a quality assurance manager for Deante, a Polish company importing faucets and faucet components from China.
- Four years working as a trade manager for Hardy, a company importing power tools and building materials from China.
- Internship at Super Engineering Plastics (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd. (a Japanese polymer factory in China) for over six months. I participated in the production process and laboratory tests.
- Chinese teacher at KUL, a university in Poland, for two years.
I lived in China for over six years, where I was a translator, interpreter, and manager.
- user manuals,
- material safety data sheets (MSDS),
- lab test results,
- instalation manuals,
- teaching materials,
- marteking materials,
- and other technical texts.
- mobile applications,
- PC applications,
- touch panels software,
- consumer electronics,
- and other software.
Immediately after graduating from the Chinese Department of the University of Warsaw in 2002, I found myself in China as a QA manager dealing with faucet components made of: brass, zamac, plastic, etc.
Two years later, I became a freelance translator and interpreter in China and thus learned about various lines of industry, including: welding equipment, furniture (including hardware), textiles, dairy products, biogas engines or production lines for various products.
I returned to Poland in 2008. I am a freelance translator now, while also providing factories and trading companies with support in their dealings with the Chinese B2B market. This extra work enables me to understand the needs of engineers and managers much better than I otherwise would.
Learning from experience, I am also continuing my formal education.
I have supplemented my MA in Chinese from the University of Warsaw with an MA in English from the Jagiellonian University in Krakow, and I have received a Postgraduate Diploma in Specialized Translation, also from the Jagiellonian University in Krakow.
In my spare time, I translate poetry, fiction and other humanities.
I am a literary translator, too.
- MA degree in Chinese, University of Warsaw;
- HSK, Chinese Proficiency Test Level 6 (i.e. the highest level), Shanghai;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Specialized Translation, Jagiellonian University;
- MA degree in English, Jagiellonian University;
- Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge University;
- Internship in Super Engineering Plastics (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd. (a Japanese polymer factory in China).
Kwiaty Orientu, 2018
100 pytań o jedwabiu
Kwiaty Orientu, 2019